I’ve been learning so many writing lessons this week that I don’t want to forget and so I’ll just write them here.
- When writing, forget yourself. Just follow your soul as is.
- Making writing a big deal makes writing difficult.
- “Not enough time” is a myth. If you have more time to write, you won’t listen now.
- An obsession with time is simply an obsession with perfection.
- Spend time on something that doesn’t “pay off”.
- Write and DON’T rewrite. Rough drafts should be drafts.
- Writing doesn’t have to know where it’s going.
- Writing is the practice of observation as it is of invention.
- I am busy wanting to have the life of a writer and forgetting that I have a life to write about.
- Mood to write is a luxury, so don’t wait for it to show up.